The IAHD Staff Instructor course is the first step in the transition from training divers to training Dive Instructors.
An IAHD Staff Instructor may assist an IAHD Instructor Trainer during Instructor Training Courses.
• Minimum 21 years of age;
• Competent swimmer;
• Approved Medical Certificate (no older than one year);
• Signed Certificate of Understanding;
• Signed IAHD License Agreement;
• Minimum one year as certified IAHD Instructor (Level 2);
• Certified at least 25 trainees in IAHD primary, partner or speciality levels, with a minimum of 5 in each level;
• Certified DAN specialty 'Basic Life Support' or equivalent;
• Certified DAN specialty 'Oxygen Provider' or equivalent;
• Assisted in at least 2 complete IAHD Instructor (Level 2) Training Courses as trainee Staff Instructor.
• Conduct non-decompression dives using compressed air and relevant equipment;
• Maximum dive depth: 40 metres;
• Train and certify trainees for all primary IAHD courses;
• Train and certify trainees for all IAHD partner courses;
• Train and certify trainees for all IAHD recreational specialty courses for which he or she is a certified IAHD Instructor;
• Train and certify trainees for all IAHD technical speciality courses for which he or she is a certified IAHD Instructor;
• Assist an IAHD Instructor Trainer during an IAHD Instructor Training Course.