The IAHD course ‘Ocean Ranger’ is the advanced scuba diving course for children.
Lex and Sandra are now 10 years of age and can follow a more advanced dive course. Not only do they further develop their dive skills, they also go diving in the open water. During this course you learn to use additional equipment and learn to take more responsibility for yourself and your buddy. The emphasis is of course, to enjoy the underwater world.
The IAHD ‘Ocean Ranger’ course consists of the following sections:
Following on from where you left off in the IAHD Confined Ranger course, in this section you learn more about diving equipment, including how it works, the requirements and the maintenance. In addition, you learn more about the open water environment and the safety aspect in the open water, because in this course, that is where you will be diving.
In this section, together with your dive Instructor, diving in a swimming pool or confined water and in the open water, you will learn how to use new items of diving equipment and perfect your dive skills in the underwater world.
• Minimum 10 years of age;
• Competent swimmer;
• Approved medical statement;
• Signed Certificate of Understanding;
• Certified as an IAHD 'Confined Ranger' or equivalent.
• Carry out non-decompression dives with Scuba equipment in a swimming pool or confined water;
• Dive to a maximum depth of 5 metres;
• Dive only under the direct supervision of an ‘Autonomous Diver’ (diver level 2) or higher, who has reached the age of majority that applies in the country where the dive is conducted;
• The ‘Autonomous Diver’ may only accompany one Ocean Ranger.