The IAHD Instructor course has been developed to give the Trainee Instructor the knowledge and experience that is needed to teach all IAHD Primary and IAHD Partner courses in a safe and enjoyable manner and to be able to certify successful participants in those courses. In addition, a certified IAHD Instructor can teach all IAHD speciality courses for which he or she is a certified IAHD Instructor.
Because an IAHD Instructor is directly responsible for his or her trainees and assistants, the certification requirements for an IAHD Instructor have been set at a high level.
The IAHD Instructor course is comprised of the following modules:
Instructor Training Cursus (ITC):
In this part of the course, you will learn how to work with the IAHD D-Learning training system. Not only will your didactic skills improve but also your evaluation skills will be enhanced. You will be required to teach both theory and practical lessons and together with your IAHD Instructor Trainer, you will evaluate these and identify improvements. Finally, we will cover relevant laws and regulations and administrative procedures.
Instructor Exam (IE):
In order to ensure that the IAHD Instructor meets and will maintain the required level, at the end of the course Trainee Instructor is required to pass an exam. The exam serves to evaluate if the IAHD Trainee Instructor will be successful in training IAHD divers safely and professionally.
• Above the age of majority in the country where the course is held;
• Competent swimmer;
• Approved Medical Certificate (no older than one year);
• Signed Certificate of Understanding;
• Signed IAHD License Agreement;
• At least 120 logged dives (excluding training dives);
• Certified IAHD specialty 'Underwater Navigator' or equivalent;
• Certified IAHD specialty 'Night Diver' or equivalent;
• Certified IAHD specialty 'Multi-level Deep Diver' or equivalent;
• Certified IAHD specialty 'Equipment Specialist' or equivalent;
• Certified DAN specialty 'Basic Life Support' or equivalent;
• Certified DAN specialty 'Oxygen Provider' or equivalent;
• Certified IAHD specialty 'Rescue Diver' or equivalent;
• Certified IAHD brevet 'Assistant Instructor' or equivalent.
• Conduct non-decompression dives using compressed air and relevant equipment;
• Maximum dive depth to 40 metres;
• Train and certify trainees for all primary IAHD courses;
• Train and certify trainees for all IAHD partner courses;
• Train and certify trainees for all IAHD recreational specialty courses for which he or she is a certified IAHD Instructor;
• Train and certify trainees for all IAHD technical speciality courses for which he or she is a certified IAHD Instructor.
This IAHD course is ISO 24802-2 certified. This means that this IAHD course meets the highest international guidelines for quality and safety.